The World According to Cb...

The World According to Cb...

Monday, March 14, 2011

Still Kicking...

Well, surgery #4 in my semi rock hard abs area is done (was actually last Fri), I’m thinking the rock hardiness these days is more from scar tissue than time in the gym…  this has been an interesting experience in that this definitely cancer related process has had nothing to do with where the actual cancer was.  (Basically, over time, some old suture line areas failed in my stomach muscle)

But what it showed me once again was just how much support I have from my friends, both physically and virtually, and for that I am truly thankful.  Kristi got the up front and personal experience (and my thanks!) and was truly awesome, getting to deal with everything from delivery, to my general ambivalence to yet another surgery, all the way through me “accidentally” escaping afterwards, not wanting to be wheeled out according to SOP…

Add in the great messages of support / concern over facebook, twitter, and email and I truly felt blessed more than sore by the time I was out of recovery.  I have had to promise to be a good patient and can only walk for exercise for a couple of weeks, but I’ll take that over the chance of having to do op #5.  I’ve had enough cutting and pasting in this area for a lifetime, and I’m glad to say it’s over and even happier to say I’m still here – and blessed.  So thanks for all the support, ciao for now, and we’ll talk soon – Cb…

PS - I spoke the following day at SXSWi on behalf of LIVESTRONG with the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of  America, check them out at www.iava.org - they're doing some solid work!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang tough, Chris! May you have a quick and thorough recovery!

About Me

My photo
Austin, TX, United States
A proud single dad, strong cancer survivor, and a guy who loves his bike, red wine, family and friends - the order is dependent on my mood...